Atlanta’s Black Radio stations, in partnership with The Urban League of Greater Atlanta, have teamed up to make sure your voice is heard in 2020!
Become a Volunteer!
America is facing a record shortage of poll workers this year due to the coronavirus. Our democracy depends on ordinary people who make sure elections run smoothly and everyone’s vote is counted. You can make sure we have a safe, fair, efficient election for all.
In 2016, According to the Elections Assistance Commission 7,009,501 votes were disqualified. Make sure you’re not one of them and check your status.
ABSENTEE BALLOT UPDATES
If you’re wondering if your absentee ballot has been accepted, a services provided through Ballottrax allows you to receive text messages, emails, or phone calls to track your ballot’s progress. The notifications will reflect the same absentee ballot information that’s already available on the state’s My Voter Page. However, voters will be alerted when their ballot status changes without having to check online.
Georgia Voter Identification Requirements:
• Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a free ID Card issued by your county registrar’s office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS)
• A Georgia Driver’s License, even if expired
• Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
• Valid U.S. passport ID
• Valid U.S. military photo ID
• Valid tribal photo ID
Key Voting Dates:
OCTOBER 12 – 30, 2020: Advanced In-Person (Early) Voting begins for the November General Election and Special Election.
NOVEMBER 3, 2020: Election Day: General Election and Special Election
NOVEMBER 18, 2020: Earliest day for a registrar to mail an absentee ballot for the General Election Runoff for Federal Offices.
Ride to the Polls:
Several companies will offer free or discounted rides to voters traveling to the voting polls.
- Uber: Is offering 50% off of rides to voting poll locations on November 3rd. The company is also partnering with several organizations to offer services such as voter information, free food trucks, and more.
- Lyft: On Election Day (November 3, 2020), Lyft is offering 50% off one ride up to $10 to any polling location or dropbox using the code 2020VOTE*.
- NACA (Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America) is offering free rides to the polls for early voters (October 12 – 30). As part of their “Roll-to-the-Polls” campaign features more than 100 15-seat vans. Voters can request a ride by visiting www.naca.com or by calling 888-495-6222.
GET TO KNOW THE CANDIDATES
Ballotpedia is the digital encyclopedia of American politics and elections. The company’s goal is to inform people about politics by providing accurate and objective information about politics at all levels of government.